TEMPLATE: [RP Faction]

Note: You don’t have to follow this template, but it may help you when fleshing out your nation or civilization.

I advise you use this template as a starting point, so if you want to expand on a particular part of your lore you could create an additional topic, which would then link to your main ‘portal’ topic. For example if you wanted to go into depth about your faction’s religion I would put a brief piece of information about it on your main topic and then create an additional topic with the broken down structure.

Faction Name

Brief introduction.

1. History
  2. Origin
  3. General History
  4. Recent Events
  5. Structure
  6. Government / Leadership Structure
  7. Settlements / Facilities
  8. Diplomacy
  9. Historical Diplomacy. Attitudes to war and peace.
  10. Modern Diplomacy. Attitudes to war and peace.
  11. Relations.
  12. Important People
  13. Fundamentals
  14. Culture / Traditions.
  15. Religion / Philosophies.
  16. Technology / Magic.

Origin
Your origin story. Preferably this would match up with our canon lore.

General History
Information about the history leading up to the current point. You could include specific events, with sub-titles.

Specific Time / Person
I am important enough to be mentioned, to add some context to my faction’s history!

Current Events
Information about events occurring in the present day, preferably in line with canon lore. You can add to this as incidents occur, but make sure to be vague on dating so not to interfere too much with affiliated lore.

Government / Company Structure
Some general information about how your faction is run. If you wish to explain how your faction was run in the past perhaps mention that in the History section instead, to avoid confusion. Be free to use lists to break down any hierarchies of power, departments or whatever.

• I am number one. Eyy!
    I get to do what I want, when I want.
  • I am a councilmember. I generally am a “Yes Man”.
    Someday I’m going to murder the number one and become the new leader! Yay goals!
  • I am a slave to anyone above me.
    I am used for slaving on the tree farms, the mines, the fish farms, etc.

Department
This is information about the very specific and important department that you must know about.

Settlements / Facilities
This is where you provide information about the places your faction has settled or developed. Be free to use sub-titled sections to split them up or generalize in a paragraph. For some people it might be better to do a general paragraph and instead link to unique settlement topic(s).

Town of Importance
I’m just here as an example. I’m important, so there should be information about me, right? Keystone code, co-ordinates, pictures. Whatever you like, really.

Historical Diplomacy
Some information about how your faction was diplomatic in the past, to provide context to the diplomatic decisions your faction will/has made in the current day. Don’t go into detail about wars or peace treaties, since this can be mentioned in the History section. Here, just generalize. You could ignore this section completely and just do a generalized piece of information referring to your faction’s diplomatic attitudes.

Modern Diplomacy
Some information and how diplomatic (or not) your faction is with other cultures in the present day, preferably with relation to canon lore.

Relations

• Faction A: Ally
  • Faction B: Defensive Pact
  • Faction C: Non-Aggressive Pact
  • Faction D: Neutral
  • Faction E: Enemy

Important Guy
This can be an NPC or a player. You, yourself, the creator should be listed somewhere though! In the case of your faction topic making reference to your own player I would link to your profile topic here instead of going into too much detail.

Important Gal
This person is important too. Whether or not she is more important than the guy above though is a different question!

Important Guy
This person is just a filler for the sake of this template. I’m sure you’ll make them feel important though!

Culture / Traditions
What makes your faction act the way they do? Why do they do it or is there no reason besides ‘they always have’? Write up some general information here. We want to know why your faction remains as a ‘stable’ entity.

Example: Festival
Perhaps your faction has a weird festival they do every time the sun comes up? Mention those sorts of things here. It would certainly add depth to your faction!

Religion / Philosophies
Religion, morals and philosophies are very important aspects of a person’s life that makes them act the way they do. The same is no different for a faction. If your faction’s religion is very complex or detailed be free to give a brief explanation here and then link to a unique religion/philosophy topic(s).

Sub-Title
I’m just here to remind you that you don’t have to use seperate topics and instead you could break it down into sub-titles if you wish!

Technology
Technology for the sake of role-play is referring to anything that aids in the development or maintenance of a faction. Technology doesn’t necessarily have to be limited to engineering, but could include magic also. So for the sake of simpleness technology is anything that provides your faction with some form of advancement, that can be developed in time. Explain your technological abilities here. Make sure they’re balanced and fit with not just canon lore, but with Minecraft mechanics as best as possible.

Example: Alchemy
I made a potion, now I’m a wizard!

Lore Help

And now, the code! You can simply copy and paste this into a topic (within lore). Just add, remove or modify as you wish!

[code]## Faction Name

Brief introduction.

1. History
  2. Origin
  3. General History
  4. Recent Events
  5. Structure
  6. Government / Leadership Structure
  7. Settlements / Facilities
  8. Diplomacy
  9. Historical Diplomacy. Attitudes to war and peace.
  10. Modern Diplomacy. Attitudes to war and peace.
  11. Important People
  12. Fundamentals
  13. Culture / Traditions.
  14. Religion / Philosophies.
  15. Technology / Magic.

Origin
Your origin story. Preferably this would match up with our canon lore.

General History
Information about the history leading up to the current point. You could include specific events, with sub-titles.

Specific Time / Person
I am important enough to be mentioned, to add some context to my faction’s history!

Current Events
Information about events occurring in the present day, preferably in line with canon lore. You can add to this as incidents occur, but make sure to be vague on dating so not to interfere too much with affiliated lore.

Government / Company Structure
Some general information about how your faction is run. If you wish to explain how your faction was run in the past perhaps mention that in the History section instead, to avoid confusion. Be free to use lists to break down any hierarchies of power, departments or whatever.

• I am number one. Eyy!
    I get to do what I want, when I want.
  • I am a councilmember. I generally am a “Yes Man”.
    Someday I’m going to murder the number one and become the new leader! Yay goals!
  • I am a slave to anyone above me.
    I am used for slaving on the tree farms, the mines, the fish farms, etc.

Department
This is information about the very specific and important department that you must know about.

Settlements / Facilities
This is where you provide information about the places your faction has settled or developed. Be free to use sub-titled sections to split them up or generalize in a paragraph. For some people it might be better to do a general paragraph and instead link to unique settlement topic(s).

Town of Importance
I’m just here as an example. I’m important, so there should be information about me, right? Keystone code, co-ordinates, pictures. Whatever you like, really.

Historical Diplomacy
Some information about how your faction was diplomatic in the past, to provide context to the diplomatic decisions your faction will/has made in the current day. Don’t go into detail about wars or peace treaties, since this can be mentioned in the History section. Here, just generalize. You could ignore this section completely and just do a generalized piece of information referring to your faction’s diplomatic attitudes.

Modern Diplomacy
Some information and how diplomatic (or not) your faction is with other cultures in the present day, preferably with relation to canon lore.

Relations

• Faction A: Ally
  • Faction B: Defensive Pact
  • Faction C: Non-Aggressive Pact
  • Faction D: Neutral
  • Faction E: Enemy

Important Guy
This can be an NPC or a player. You, yourself, the creator should be listed somewhere though! In the case of your faction topic making reference to your own player I would link to your profile topic here instead of going into too much detail.

Important Gal
This person is important too. Whether or not she is more important than the guy above though is a different question!

Important Guy
This person is just a filler for the sake of this template. I’m sure you’ll make them feel important though!

Culture / Traditions
What makes your faction act the way they do? Why do they do it or is there no reason besides ‘they always have’? Write up some general information here. We want to know why your faction remains as a ‘stable’ entity.

Example: Festival
Perhaps your faction has a weird festival they do every time the sun comes up? Mention those sorts of things here. It would certainly add depth to your faction!

Religion / Philosophies
Religion, morals and philosophies are very important aspects of a person’s life that makes them act the way they do. The same is no different for a faction. If your faction’s religion is very complex or detailed be free to give a brief explanation here and then link to a unique religion/philosophy topic(s).

Sub-Title
I’m just here to remind you that you don’t have to use seperate topics and instead you could break it down into sub-titles if you wish!

Technology
Technology for the sake of role-play is referring to anything that aids in the development or maintenance of a faction. Technology doesn’t necessarily have to be limited to engineering, but could include magic also. So for the sake of simpleness technology is anything that provides your faction with some form of advancement, that can be developed in time. Explain your technological abilities here. Make sure they’re balanced and fit with not just canon lore, but with Minecraft mechanics as best as possible.

Example: Alchemy
I made a potion, now I’m a wizard![/code]

Or you could use the super brief template!

[code]## Faction Name

Brief introduction.

1. History
  2. Structure
  3. Diplomacy
  4. Important People
  5. Fundamentals

Information.

Information.

Information.

Information.

Information.[/code]