I’ve gathered a list from mods that, to my experience, make the boring old minecraft world feel alot more dynamic and alive!
Note: Optifine may or may not be necessary for some of these.
- Mo’ Bends - Gives most mobs (with few exceptions) and the player new animations! This includes fighting animations, SWIMMING animations (you no longer just float like a buoy), running animations and much more!
- Dynamic Sorroundings - This one affects the environment itself. Adds things like sound effects, ambience, aesthetics such as crumbling dirt and rock from underneath, steam where water meets magma, aurora borealis in icy biomes etc…
- Back Tools (This is not compatible with Mo’ Bends as it doesn’t seem to work with Mo’ Bends installed) - This sheaths your last used tool/weapon on your back.
- Shoulder Surfing - This one allows you to customize your third person camera by moving it around. This allows you to have some fancy camera angles like those found in alot of third person shooters.
- Shatter - This mod makes enemies fall to bits when slain instead of just falling over like chairs and dissapearing. This one also isn’t compatible with Mo’ Bends as it also doesn’t work with Mo’ Bends installed.
- Item Physics Lite - This one makes items fall and lay on the ground when dropped instead of floating and spinning in place. It makes finding items in snow a bit difficult but i think that just adds to the realism.
That’s it for now. If i find any more awesome aesthetic mods, i’ll update the list.