A history of the Dwarves of RoA

A history of the Dwarves of RoA.

After the incarnation of the Dwarves in the beginning they were left to fend for themselves by whatever benevolent being that created them, travelling throughout the overworld they found a place they wanted to call home. Being new to the area, they firstly created a small village for others to settle nearby while they dug out and built their new home Esgaroth.

Once the village was established, they begun the long arduous task of digging out a nearby mountain, and building their new home. Needless to say, they got to work quite quickly by building statues they had seen from other lands, and by constructing an entrance to what would be their home, this would become the 1st Age of the Dwarves…

Although their home grew, along with that of the nearby village, also setting up a farm for those passersby to harvest at will, they soon grew tiresome, and thinking of newer pastures. As such, they sent off scouts to look around other areas to see what land would best suit them.

By pure chance, another traveller told one of their scouts of a new land that had never been settled that was encompassed within it’s own island. News of this quickly spread through to the Dwarves still left in Esgaroth who travelled to the scouts on the new land. On finding the land, the Dwarves settled themselves with a ravine which from that point on became known as Glor’Vallahir.

The new area, the Dwarves decided that they would build up their own homes first, and then they would expand to help other races in the area. Once their homes were built, they created a grand archway (simply known as The Arch), it became symbolic for the area. They then continued to build a harbour along with lighthouse, once again a farm for passersby to harvest, and they almost completed what would have become their own trade hub deep within the mountainous cliffs. This was the 2nd Age of the Dwarves…

Map of Glor’Vallahir

Learning of the upcoming destruction of the world, the Dwarves again prepared to move home, stumbling upon the new world the Dwarves and a few other travellers noticed that it was as if their previous world was wiped of all creation and turned around on it’s head …
Knowing of this, the Dwarves continued their search for their new but old home …
On locating it, they begun again …

Not alot can unfortunately be said about the 3rd Age of Dwarves, as since the destruction of the world that they inhabited those that are still remaining from that time are few and far between suffering from the ailments of old age (lack/loss of memory along with dementia)

Map of the 3rd Age of Dwarves …

The 4th Age of Dwarves is upon us …

imageimage

maps like me make me wonder how Mart manage to keep the whole “same map” thing from so many of us (myself included till you explained it to me)
also nice explainer lami, many pretty screenies